Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Proverbs 31, Part IV: More Serving

She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
Proverbs 31:20-21

These verses show the Proverbs 31 woman's selflessness and caring. 'She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy/When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet'. She cares for those who need it, like her family, or people who are needy.

This is a very good example of generosity. As you probably know, this costs her not a little. But, according to what we see here, she isn't complaining about that at all. Rather, it looks more like she welcomes the opportunity to serve. And that's one of the most important parts about serving--doing it from your heart.

I (Izori) have noticed that the 'theme of the week' is serving people, so I'll go along with that and list more ways that you can serve.

In your church--our church has many opportunities for service. Sometimes, people who need something (like maternity clothes or help with yard-work) write it on a piece of paper, and then other people sign up to fill their need. My mom has done this several times, and I would like to do it sometime, too.

In your home--I don't mean just do the chores; those are what you automatically have to do. I mean offer to help your parents with something for free. I have this problem with this. For some reason, it's very hard for me to do something without expecting anything in return, and I really have to work on this (especially since I'm telling other people to do so, too :).

There are so much more ways to serve others. Princess Catherine has some great suggestions, and I suggest you read those, too.

In Christ,

Princess Izori

No comments:

Post a Comment