Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Friday, July 17, 2009

Proverbs 31, Part III: Laziness (not a good thing)

She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
Proverbs 31:17-19

In these verses we see that the Proverbs 31 woman is not lazy. 'She sets about her work vigorously' 'her lamp does not go out at night' are all good examples of this.

Here is a good thing to learn before it's too late: God created us for work! God didn't command Adam and Eve to laze around and be couch-potatoes, he told them to tend the garden. No where in the Bible does God say 'I command you to be lazy' or 'I tell you the truth: you should sit on the couch with a bag of potato chips' (here my dear brother suggested that I should put 'I command you to play video-games all day). Instead, God tells us not to 'eat the bread of idleness'.

Now, God knows that we can't always be working; as humans in a fallen world, we need our rest. But that is not an excuse to be doing nothing all the time. This is a great problem of mine. I tend to just sit on the couch listening to my MP3 player, when I could be knitting or something like that.

How do you think your husband would feel if you just sat around all day, leaving him to do the work? I'd advise you (and me) to get into the habit of being non-lazy quickly.

In Christ,

Izori


No comments:

Post a Comment