Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Monday, December 21, 2009

An Unnecessary Death

Last week I was finishing my devotions and was briefly thinking about how Jesus died on the cross and suddenly a thought came to me: Jesus didn't have to die for us! Of course He didn't have to, but what I mean is that it wasn't like Jesus needed us to live with Him or provide Him with food and shelter. Acts 17:24-25 says this:

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

God doesn't need us(sorry that sounds so terrible!), but He loves us so much that He would send his only Son to die for us, people He doesn't need! He could have said,"Oops! They messed up! Too bad for them!", but He didn't! Instead He lovingly came to earth and took all our sin so that we could live with Him for eternity. He doesn't need our praise or our sacrifices, but we so need Him, don't we? It struck me that Jesus would die for us, not because He had to or because He would be lost without us, but because He loves us and because we would be entirely lost without Him! Remember to thank for all He's done for you. I know He has redeemed me and blessed me far beyond what I deserve. Oh, praise His glorious Name!

~Princess Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment