Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Opportunites

Imagine this for a minute. You are in the car with your little sister and two of your best friends on the way back from the rollerskating rink. You've had a great time, and everyone in the car is talking and laughing excitedly as you drive home on this dark, moonlit night. everything is going great until the subject of conversation changes. One of your friends, (a girl just a few years younger than you) begins talking about dating and all the guys who have ever had a crush on her. You have been talking to and praying for this particular girl for a long time on this subject. You are not sure what to do. You know you should say something, but you are not sure what to say or how she will respond. You want to be a good role model and lead her in the right direction, so what do you do?
These were definitely the questions I asked when this happened to me. God gives us lots of opportunities to talk to the people we are especially praying for. Whether the subject is purity or something else, its good to look for the opportunities to talk about it. However, sometimes the opportunities seem like good things, (they probably are) but they aren't always the best thing for us or the other person at the moment. Somethings that are good just aren't God's best. Sometimes deciding whether an opportunity is or isn't from God is hard to do, and needs prayer. However, sometimes decisions are like the one in my story. I knew full well that I should say something, but I was afraid. I should have relied on God's strength, but I didn't. I didn't say much of anything to help her. I let an opportunity that God had clearly given me slip away because I was afraid. The moral of this is, when God gives you an opportunity, He will also give you the opportunity to take it if you ask. Don't ever let an opportunity to help a hurting or misguided friend (that is clearly from God) pass you by!

1 comment: