Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Falling in Love, Part 2

I waited for You, today,
But You didn't show,
No, no, no...
I needed You, today,
So where did You go?
- "Never Alone" by Barlowgirl

You've waited. And waited. And waited. Still, you don't seem to find Him. You don't feel different, you don't act different, and you certainly don't look different (okay, maybe now you have a disappointed frown on your face). How can you try and get closer to God, when you can't see, touch, or physically hear Him? How can He become your True Love, if you don't ever experience Him in a real way?

I'm taking a Bible Study class in which we started discussing what you would do if you wanted to change someone. Would you...
a) Try to change their attitude first (feelings)
b) Try to change their behavior first (actions)

Pick one. Now think about it. Why did you chose that answer?

Okay, now that I've got you thinking (warm up exercise! :), I'll tell you which one has been proved more effective. If you picked b), you are correct. :) I know as humans we hope to change the attitude first, but if we get into a routine of behaviors (actions), the attitude will come along with it.

So why am I telling you this? It's the same thing with getting closer to God. We may feel despondent, hopeless, and sorta silly trying to fall in love with an invisible lover, but if we just try and wait for the right attitude, we may never accomplish anything. I mean, honestly, would you have done your math problems if you had to have the right attitude to do them? I doubt that biology paper would be written if your teacher had told you not to write it unless you had the positive attitude she was looking for. So first, we change our behaviors.

I will be the first one to tell you that I'm not perfect (okay, maybe my family will beat me too it ;). You have probably notice-d some: grammar, mistakes! in? (my posts") or seeen sum speling air-ers to. I haven't achieved my goal in falling in love with Him totally. I'm human, and I'm working on it. But after reading some wonderful Christian books by writers who have vastly more experience in this "subject" than I do, I've found a few "tips" that I think will help you change your behaviors- and hopefully your attitude- so that Jesus Christ isn't only your Best Friend Forever (literally :), but your Knight in Shining Armor and your Prince that gives you peace.

I'm signing out for now, but next post (I promise! :) I will have some "tips" for helping you change your behaviors towards Christ.

For Him!

Princess Catherine ~*~

P.S.

You know how I started this post with the lyrics of Barlowgirl's "Never Alone"? Well, it goes on to sing about how He will never, can never, leave or forsake us..because He loves us. He's holding up His end of the bargain (I mean, He died so that we could love Him!), now let's hold up ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QubLxJI54

3 comments:

  1. Amen! What a great post! Thanks for sharing all those great points!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just listening to that song earlier! What an incredible reminder that we're not alone. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Catherine,

    Thank you for this post; it was encouraging! Sometimes I feel like I do the right things but don't feel different and this encouraged me.


    ~Princess Gloria

    ReplyDelete