Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Extra Mile

I had a lot of New Year's Resolutions this year. Some are the usual ones that I make every January 1, like reading my Bible everyday and becoming a better steward of my health and time. But this time, I decided to add a special one: every month, I would focus on doing something that would benefit others.

For January, I decided I would try to 'go the extra mile', especially with my chores. I suspect that there have been times when my family feels that I try to find the way I can help the least. I do what I'm asked, but I don't do it as best as I can and I definitely don't do anything else!

What better year to change that than 2011? I figured, to keep myself accountable, that I would post my goal on this blog. That way, I have to do it. =)

Going the extra mile is...

1. Doing more than what you had to do.
2. Doing your extra tasks knowing that you might not get a reward, or even get noticed, but you do your best anyway.


Going the extra mile is not...


1. Avoiding the task you were asked to do in the first place by doing something else. Remember, 'obedience is better than sacrifice'.
2. Doing anything extra because you want to be thanked or given a reward.

I could use some company going the extra mile. Care to join me? =)

In Christ,

Princess Izori

No comments:

Post a Comment