Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Adoption is not just Physical

Nijara shifted uneasily in her seat. A friend had told her that a couple from another country wanted to adopt a girl, but no one knew which girl it was yet. Nijara was hoping against hope that she had been chosen. All her life Nijara had hoped to be adopted, but the older she grew, the less and less likely the dream seemed. She knew that at a certain age, teenagers were sent out of the orphanage to find a job on their own. Now Nijara was praying that their was a chance she could still be part of some one's family. She had no idea that in just a few minutes, her dream would come true.

Somewhere on the other side of the world, where it was nighttime, another girl tossed sleeplessly in her bed, her thoughts running in every direction. She had always believed that she had simply been born a Christian, but now she doubted that that was true. Her parents and Sunday School teachers kept saying something about how you had to accept Jesus in your heart to truly have eternal life. Not quite sure how but knowing she had to do it, the nine-year-old searched for the right words.
"God," She prayed silently, "I'm not quite sure how to do this," holding her hands open as towards the ceiling, the girl said the most important thing of her life. "But, if you want to come into my heart, then come in." Sure that her simple prayer had reserved her place in heaven, the girl fell asleep.


Do these two stories seem drastically different to you? At one time, they would have seemed different to me to. However, I have over time realized how similar they are. Even though the story of Nijara is fictional but the story of the nine-year-old is not (I was the nine-year-old), both of them are examples of what is happening all over the world today. Both are about adoption. Nijara is adopted in the literal sense, while all Christians are adopted into God's family. Isn't that amazing? When God made the world, HE made us perfect. We were made to live with HIM for eternity. Sadly, the first humans decided to turn against God and do things their own way. Really, if someone did that to me, I would have just left them to follow their own road to doom. It does seem more fair, doesn't it? But I guess God is far beyond our small human minds. HE loved us any way! HE loved us so much that HE sent HIS one and only Son to die a terrible death in our place! Take a look at this verse.

"But God demonstrates HIS own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8 NIV


That verse has always blown me away. God didn't wait until we had gotten our act together to save us. HE saved us while we were still sinners! Not only that, HE never had to give us eternal life, HE chose to! I feel so unworthy when I remember that HE adopted me into HIS family when I make so many mistakes. HE is awesome!

Have you ever wanted to be a princess? I used to wish I was. Now I realize that I am! God is the King of Kings, so when HE adopts you into HIS family, that makes you royal! That is why I like to use "Princess" in front of my name. It reminds me that I was adopted. That, my dear sister in Christ, is something that should make us want to live our lives for HIM every day!

Blessings,
Princess Melody**

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:37-39

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL post, Princess Melody! I have always been amazed at that Bible verse. 'Cause if God had waited for us to actually deserve it, he'd still be waiting. We would never be saved. I'm SO glad that he didn't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post, Princess Melody! Thanks for sharing your testimony!

    ~Princess Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post Princess!!! I just love this blog! And can't wait for you next post!!!

    Your loving Royal Sister in Him Alone,

    Princess Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! sometimes i'm afraid that my posts kind of get off subject. i'm glad someone doesn't think so!
    Princess Melody***

    ReplyDelete