Please be courteous and remember that what is on this blog, stays on this blog unless you get permission from one of the team members.


Thanks!




~*1 John 4:7*~

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

Note:

If you put "confusing" in the box at the bottom of this post, please comment on how you were confused and my team and I will try and clear things up so you won't be confused any longer! :)
- Princess Catherine ~*~

Friday, March 19, 2010

God Gives You All The Time You Need...

..and not a second more.

Have you ever felt rushed? Oh, wow, that's an obvious question. I would be completely shocked (and very envious! :) if you haven't. You see, I'm an aspiring author, home schooled student, musician/composer that plays two instruments and sings, I'm the script-writer for a movie, a secretary in 4-H, gardener, poet, photographer, avid reader, blogger, archer/shooter, horseback rider, and a plethora of other things.

You probably have a lot of things on your plate, too. Maybe you have a lot of chores, or you have a huge pile of homework. And have you ever been too busy to read your Bible or pray?

Ditto. I've been there and done that. Listen to my excuse : 'But I don't have enough time!'

Actually, I do. And you do, too. God is the Lord and Giver of Time, and he knows our every need!

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord.
Psalm 139:1-4

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for my sheep.
John 10:14-15

He gives us as much time as we need to accomplish what he wants us to accomplish. So when you 'don't have time', you're either not doing what God wants or you're not being efficient. Here are some questions you can ask to discern what's wrong:

1. Are you spending too much time, say, on the computer? *glances around guiltily* Uh...I am. I like to think that I'm above the technology wave that our world's going through, but I'm not. Lol. Anyway, are you stretching out a task too much? Does math take so long...because you're doodling in your book?

2. Are you avoiding or rushing through tasks? Because if you don't do them now, you get to do them later! Oh man, have I ever figured that out.

3. Are you doing it for God's glory? Whatever you are doing--writing the next great theology book...or taking out the trash--do if for the Lord and you are serving him. Isn't that cool how you can glorify God by taking care of the trash just as much as making a huge mark on history?

4. Do you have a complaining attitude? Seriously, take the word of a lass with 13 years of bitter experience on bad attitudes. If you have a good attitude it's so much easier to do your work. If you think, "Wow! All these dishes in the sink means that we've been blessed with lots of food!" instead of, "Awww man! Look at this huge pile of dishes! I have to do all of these?", you and your family will enjoy it a lot more.

When I was writing this down on a piece of paper, I kind of looked at it and thought, "You know, I have both problems." And I do. Avoiding work or doing it sloppily goes hand in hand with bad attitude, and bad attitude automatically means that you're not doing it for God's glory.

Now, here are some ways to solve the time problem:

1. Do everything for God's glory--efficiently and with care and diligence.

2. Try getting up earlier. A time when you're the only one up might mean distraction-free prayer/Bible time, or math without siblings throwing pillows at you.

3. Relax while working. It's kind of a paradox, actually, but what I mean is you could knit or do an easy chore or school assignment while taking a break from something else.

4. Be open for a schedule change. If you go to school, you probably won't be able to do this as much. However, because I'm home schooled I have the flexibility to decide for myself whether or not it would be more efficient to fit in piano where Grammar originally was so I can practice more before naps (where our piano is positioned in our house, it's too loud to play during my younger siblings' nap times). Or if your mind has gotten worn out from one subject, move on to something totally different. Of course, you can do this with your homework, all you who go to school.

5. Multi-Task. I really like to drink coffee. It's like an everyday treat, and so sometimes I just sit at the kitchen table for ten minutes, drinking it. However, it saves time to do it with my math. Reciting my memory verses while I'm unloading the dishwasher is also handy. However, make sure that multi-tasking doesn't mean that you're doing sloppy jobs because your concentration is spread out.

There you go! Wow, this sure helped me to type this all up. Now maybe I can ask myself with a free conscience if I'm following Question #1! ;)

In Christ,

Princess Izori







2 comments:

  1. Princess Izori,

    I really think this post is helpful! Thanks for writing it! Now, I'm going to follow your example for Question #1! :)

    Princess Catherine ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all,

    This is Princess Emily. Sorry it's been a while since I've commented; it's been hectic. But once I read this post I HAD to comment on it! THANKS SO MUCH IZORI! I've struggled with this one a lot, and anyone I tell says "Well, just make time to read the Bible." but they don't tell me ways to make more time.

    I had a quick question. I've always wanted to read the Bible through in one time, and I was wondering if I should read it through from Genesis to Revelation or if you have a favorite book that you would recommend starting at.

    Again, GREAT post!

    Princess Emily

    ReplyDelete